Welcome to the first challenge for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers! I am excited that you have decided to participate and I hope that each of us, first, have FUN, next, learn and further our writing experience, and third, assist each other in improving our writing abilities. (If you do NOT want any constructive criticism, please indicate on your post).
Please read the following guide which will be used for these challenges:
Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers:
1. Each Wednesday a prompt photo will be provided for participants to base their stories on. Please attach this photo to your story when you post/publish them and if they have not been credited to the photographer on the photo, please credit them appropriately.
2. This challenge will run Wednesday to Wednesday. (Time line will be at the bottom of this post).
3. Each story’s word limit will be 100 – 150 words (give or take 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit. Also, please make a note of the number of words used on your story.
4.* Please TAG your posts with “Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers.” This step is important for other bloggers to find our stories in the Reader.
5. Let’s try to support each other by reading each others’ stories, commenting, and providing feedback and constructive suggestions ort comments when possible.
6.* Add your story’s link to the InLinkz using the blue froggy button. There are three options for you to share your story with InLinkz:
(1) Once you have written and published your story to your blog, tap on the blue (froggy) button, located on the bottom of this post. Add your url in the box indicated. Also, add your email in the box indicated (I will be the only person to see this). This is the easiest way to link. (This option is free).
(2) You can sign up for InLinkz and be able to have the froggy button on your post as well. Having a blue button on your post allows more people the opportunity to read all the stories. (This option is free).
(3) You can ‘extend’ your membership with InLinkz and it will allow you to have a grid of the stories on your post. (This will cost $10.99 for six months). This option is not necessary unless you want the grid of the posts on your post for others to read.
Thank you, Dawn, for lending us the lovely photo for our prompt today.
The InLinkz link-up will be open for linking at 1:00 am NYC time, Wednesday, February 18, 2015. (This will be 6:00 am London time)
The linking ability will close on 1:00 am NYC time, Wednesday, February 25, 2015. (This will be 6:00 am London time).
Go Forth, Write…and HAVE FUN!
Link will open 1:00 am NYC time 2/18/2015 (London time 6:00 am)
Link will close 1:00 am NYC time 2/25/2015 (London time 6:00 am)
My apologies for sending out 2 email posts this week on Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers. I use Blogsy to publish most of my posts and now having two different blogs has placed me on a learning curve. Hopefully, that is now resolved. Thank you for your patience.