Welcome to the second challenge for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers! This challenge is to help us improve our writing, but first and foremost, it is to have fun.
We had 25 wonderful stories linked to the challenge last week. You did a fantastic job writing your stories and coming up with many interesting twists to the prompt.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM,
PLEASE INDICATE THIS ON YOUR POST.
Thank you Dawn for loaning us this photo for our prompt.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers:
1. Each Wednesday a prompt photo will be provided for you as a base to your story. Please attach this photo to your story when you post/publish them.
2. If the photo prompt has not been credited to the photographer on the photo, please credit them on your story.
3. This challenge will run Wednesday to Wednesday. (Linking times are Tuesday to Tuesday). Time line will be at the bottom of this post.
4. Each story’s word limit will be 100 – 150 words (give or take 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit. Please make a note of the number of words used on your story.
5.* Please TAG your posts with “Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers.” This step is important in order for other bloggers to be able to find our stories in the Reader.
6. Let’s try to support each other by reading each others’ stories, commenting, and providing positive feedback and constructive suggestions and comments when possible.
7. Add your story’s link to the InLinkz using the blue froggy button located on this post.
(1) Once you have written and published your story to your blog, tap on the blue froggy button, located near the bottom of this post. (This is the easiest way to link and this option is free). Directions:
(1a) Click on the blue Froggy button.
(1b) On first page is a blue “Link-Up” button. Click on that.
(1c) First box is for your story’s post url.
(1d) Second box is for the name of your blog and post (up to 50 characters).
(1e) Third box is for your WordPress email address (only I will see that).
(1f) Click “Done” on the bottom of that screen.
(1g) Click on the button that says, “Take me back to the Link Up”. You should now be on the page of the grid and see your post on this grid.
InLinkz Options: (There are two more options to link your story with InLinkz, these are the other two options:
(2) You can sign up for InLinkz and be able to have the froggy button on your post as well. Having a blue button on your post allows more people the opportunity to read all the stories. (This option is also free).
(3) You can ‘extend’ your membership with InLinkz and it will allow you to have a grid of the stories on your post. (This will cost $10.99 for six months). This option is not necessary unless you want the grid of the posts on your post for others to read.
I HAVE CHANGED THE LINKING TIMES
SO PLEASE READ
The InLinkz link-up will be open for linking on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 3:00 pm NYC time. (This will be 8:00 pm London time)
The linking ability will close on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 at 6:00 pm NYC time. (This will be 11:00 pm London time).
Please try to link-up your story as soon as possible.
Go Forth Creative Minds and Write (and HAVE FUN!)
Link will open 3:00 pm NYC time 2/24/2015 (London time 8:00 pm)
Link will close 6:00 pm NYC time 3/03/2015 (London time 11:00 pm)