Welcome to the fourth challenge for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers! This challenge is to help us improve our writing, but first and foremost, it is to have FUN.
Thank you everyone, who have been participating in these challenges. I appreciate your participation and I hope you will keep coming back!
If you are a new participant to Flash Fiction to Aspiring Writers, WELCOME! We are happy you are here.
A special thank you to the established and professional writers who have joined our flash fiction group to participate and/or to be our mentors.
Please indicate on your post IF YOU DO NOT WANT CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers:
1. Each Tuesday, a prompt photo will be provided for you as a base for your story. (Please attach this photo to your story when you post/publish them).
2. If the photo prompt has not been credited to the photographer on the photo, please give them credit on your post.
3. This challenge will run Wednesday to Wednesday. (Linking times are Tuesday to Tuesday). Time line will be at the bottom of this post. (Please do not wait until the last minute to post your story or others may not get a chance to read it).
4. Story word limits will be 100 – 150 words (give or take 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit. (Please make a note of the number of words used somewhere on your post).
5. Please TAG your posts with “Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers.” This step is important for other bloggers to find our stories in the Reader.
6. Add your story's link to the InLinkz using the blue froggy button located on this post.
Pre Linking Instructions:
Once you have written and published your story to your blog, tap on the blue (froggy) button, located on this post, or any participants' post with a “blue froggy button.” (This is the easiest way to link and this option is free).
1) Click on the blue Froggy button.
2) Click on the small blue button that says, “Add your Link”.
3) First box is for your post's url.
4) Second box is for the name of your blog and post (up to 50 characters).
5) Third box is for your WordPress email address (only I will see that).
6) Click “Done” on the bottom of that screen.
7) Click on the button that says, “Take me back to the Link Up”. (You should now be able to see your story in the story grid).
8) Optional: At this point you can click on the icon space of your story icon and choose to download your gravatar there by selecting “add image” (or something similar) from the list on the left of the screen, then follow the directions.
You also have the option to sign up for InLinkz and be able to have the froggy button on your post as well. Having a blue button on your post gives more people the opportunity to read all the stories in the Grid (or give other participants the ability to link their stories from your button). (This option is also free unless you opt to extend your subscription).
* The InLinkz link-up will be open for linking at 12:00 noon NYC time (EST), Tuesday, March 10. (5:00 pm London time).
* The InLinkz link-up will close at 5:00 pm NYC (EST) time, Tuesday, March 17. (10:00 pm London time).
* GO * WRITE * HAVE FUN *
Link will open 12:00 pm NYC time (EST) Tuesday, 03/10/2015 (London time = 5:00 pm)
Link will close 5:00 pm NYC time (EST) Tuesday, 3/17/2015 (London time = 10:00 pm)